The festivities started last Friday when my roommates and I decided to celebrate my birthday, as I would be out of town for the weekend after. I came home to a pumpkin cake with maple buttercream frosting from scratch.
We played some games and then ventured over to our local watering hole, 4th Street Brewery, where I received a free drink. We then headed home. However, roommates Daniel and Jill are just as festive as I am and were soon ready to try out a local dive bar called M&M Lounge. We sang karaoke and drank a tequila sunrise then came back and had a dance party in our dining room, miraculously not rousing the rest of our house at 3 am.
Now I am home and will be celebrating my birthday with my family who I miss a lot. It feels strange to have unlimited internet and not have to travel to a library or a coffee shop. I also don't really remember how to watch TV :)

The 7.
I really love my roommates. I still have a lot to learn about community and my own spirituality but I have an incredibly supportive group of 7 people who I'm sure will continue to challenge me and care for me (and, I hope, I for them).
My job is also wonderful. I received adorable birthday gifts from a lot of the kids in the homework club that I started running last week for 1st-12th graders. I'm shaking in my boots though because my boss is about to embark on a trip to Switzerland to bury her mother who passed away. I'm so glad she is taking time for herself but pretty terrified to be there by myself. I will need prayers for the coming two weeks!
I want to hear about how you are doing (few readers:) Send me a letter: 451 NW 1st St Gresham, OR 97030
No comments:
Post a Comment